Senior Java Software Architect
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaEngineering
Join us in building software that matters
WCC has changed lives since 1996. We are a group of highly ambitious individuals who believes in the greater story. We provide software that matters through major projects such as at UNHCR, the EU and many more. WCC is more than just a software organization, here at WCC, we strive for improving human life.
We are an international company that provides advanced Search and Match solutions to private and government agencies.
We specialize in:
- ID & Security Solutions - WCC enables governments to manage large volumes of Identity and Security data. Protecting borders and citizens while providing legal identity for all
- Employment Solutions - WCC enables Public and Private Employment Services to match people quickly and expertly with suitable and sustainable jobs
What’s in it For You?
Our team - teamwork begins with building trust. Here at WCC, we are all part of one team that believes unity is one of our strengths.
We need each other in each step and phase in the process to become successful. Together we build an environment in which people feel welcome, valued, and respected.
Work environment - We focus on talent and possibilities, not limitations. We love challenges and exploring new creative horizons.
We have a diverse environment that gives every individual the freedom to express their ideas. We encourage a healthy mindset. Working hard is important but having fun while doing so is as important.
We care about our people, so here are the Perks and Benefits we provide:
- competitive salary
- Medical, hospitalization and term life insurance
- coverage of transportation costs
- 21 vacation days
- personal development opportunities
- hybrid working from home / working from the office policy
- Home office budget
- An opportunity to create an international and diverse network.
Your role as a Senior Java Software Architect
As a Java architect, you work as a team lead of experienced Java developers and testers who put quality and joy in technology first. The team collaborates in an open atmosphere where all input is valued.
As a Senior Java Software Architect you will focus on:
- Undisputed technical knowledge and vision for building high-quality software
- You know when to employ microservices or event-driven architectures, and can explain why
- Coach development teams in making the right architectural decisions
- Cooperate effectively with the Product Owner to achieve the best results
- Take the lead in coaching your team in the software development process
- Lead any discussion that involves software architecture
- Intelligently translate specific customer requirements into a generic solution
- Translate concepts into concrete feasible technical solutions, and know-how to explain them in a way that everyone can understand.
In order to be successful in this role, you should:
- Have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, in IT / Software Engineering
- Solid technical background
- Java Ecosystem, REST services, Spring, Spring boot, ActiveMQ (or other message broker), Kafka, Maven, Jenkins
- > 7 years’ experience as Java developer (at least Java 8 or 11)
- > 3 years’ experience as Software Architect
- Databases (both SQL and NoSQL), Elastic Search
- Scrum and agile software development
- Modelling skills (Software, Threat)
- Identifying risks
- Estimation and documentation skills
- Experience in sizing
Bonus points for
- Cloud computing (AWS or other), SaaS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Good sense of humor
Upload your motivation and resume in English and let's talk!